FIBROMYALGIA: road to recovery 6 (insomnia)

 


INSOMNIA: THE SLEEP PAIN CYCLE

The most intense symptom of fibromyalgia is neuropathic pain on every level of the body: from bone, through muscle, to skin. Right?

But the second most important symptom of the condition is insomnia. Right?




There is an intrinsic relationship between pain and sleep.

Sometime I go to bed with all over body aches and fears and twinges that fibromyalgia might be returning into my life. But when I wake up in the morning refreshed: that is how I know that I recovered fully from the condition all those years ago.

I’m going to be honest with you: although I came off pain medications suddenly on my road to recovery,  I kept my sleeping tablets for a while – up to a year before I actually believed I didn’t need them anymore and these days I sleep like a log.

I promise you as you begin to recover your sleep pattern and quality of sleep will naturally resume.


When you enrol on the Lotus Natural Health 10 month supported recovery program, you'll be sent some resources and products to help you on your journey.

Meanwhile, 

Here's a shameless plug for the top five tested products that will  help you sleep

...and if you shop via these Amazon links, you'll be supporting the not for profit Green Lotus Lounge community:

1. Lavender oil 

We buy lavender oil in quantity because it works out cheaper over the long run; and we use it for everything



2. Sleep Mask

This is a padded silky face hugging total darkness sleep mask




3. Ear plugs

Cutting out noise and light doubles the chances of you staying alseep through the night












4. Osteo whole body pillow

For those nights when just the weight of one leg on top of the other is enough to keep you awake











5. Weighted blanket (for adults)

You know it's what you need



Now you're all tucked up and ready for the next blog...

why you need to detox and de-acidify on a cellular level if you want to be FibroFree

Comments

Popular Posts